Hi friends! Happy Friday! The weekend is heeeeeere. What’s going on? After being gone pretty much all week last week, it will be nice to have a weekend at home. We’ll probably get into the usual shenanigans: I have a girls’ night planned with friends, we’re meeting up with friends + their kiddos for dinner, church, chores, prepping for the next week. P’s birthday is going to be here before we know it – I literally have to remind myself every day that she’s only 2, because she’s really like a 4-year old trapped in a 2-year old’s body – and I’m excited to start party planning. I’m thinking we’ll do something here at the house but get a jumping castle and a taco truck (necessary). I’d love to hear what you’re up to this weekend!
Now it’s time for the weekly Friday Faves party. This is where I share some of my favorite finds, reads, wears, and laughs from the week. I love hearing what you’re enjoying, too, so please shout out some faves in the comments if you’d like to join in the fun!
– The decaf almond milk lattes from Cartel are A+.
– Last night, I took a baby meal over to a friend who has a lil newborn. All of the usual staples were there: cheesy enchiladas, Instant Pot Mexican rice, beans, salsa, chips, brownie/cookie/Oreo bars, and margarita mix. I pretty much make the same thing for every baby meal, so if you have new ideas, please throw them my way! Even so, I’m cool with being the token enchilada girl.
Read, watch, listen:
– Won’t You Be My Neighbor. I cried during parts of it because Mister Rogers was such a rare, genuinely kind human being. I highly recommend this documentary as it gives insightful background into his life, his true genius, and is very well-done.
– I met Merrick briefly at last week’s CJ event and love her style! She looks so put-together without being over-the-top. (Check out her blog if you haven’t already!!) She inspired me to try a couple of new things in my wardrobe, so I ordered these studded booties (on super sale. Going to wear them with a black top, black jeans, and this long blush cardigan I recently picked up from Express), this pleated skirt ($ 25! and you can dress up or down), and this tiger dress. The tiger dress is outside of my normal comfort zone, but I loved the way it looked when she wore it with black buckle booties.
I feel like I’ve gotten really comfortable on the fashion front lately and heading into fall, I feel inspired to switch things up a bit. (Stay tuned for a fall capsule-ish wardrobe post since I literally have like 4 articles of fall clothing here. I’m pretty much starting from scratch since I stored and donated so much in Valdosta.) Also, this is a problem that isn’t really a problem but I recently realized how much I was depending on Stitch Fix to pick out clothes for me. It feels oddly freeing to pick things out for myself again after quite a few Stitch Fix duds.
Maybe it will look cute. Maybe it will look like I’m wearing pajamas. We shall see.
Eats + recipes:
– Yesterday was low-carb day, so I thought I’d share my breakfast: 2 eggs, 6 egg whites, 2 tablespoons of guacamole, a Mikey’s Paleo English muffin with butter and cinnamon
NEW FIT GUIDES ARE HEADING YOUR WAY! (<— yelling a little because I’m so excited) I’ll have all of the info up Monday,. Be sure to check in if you want first dibs because spots will go very quickly. If you haven’t taken the free fitness quiz yet, check it out here and see what plan I’d recommend. I put so much love and work into these plans and the response has been amazing.
Check out Laura’s results after only 6 weeks:
Leave your fitness personality in the comments below and I’ll pick a lucky winner to receive a free Fit Guide on Monday!
Happy Friday, friends!